Seaton go down, but promiotn bid still on
Seaton saw their D Division promotion hopes take a hit as they became the latest side to lose to champions-in-waiting Clyst Hydon.
Ben Morgan’s side put up more of a fight than most who play the Mid Devon side and were eventually beaten by just 34 runs.
Mike Wheeler (2-35) and Chris Aplin (2-38) were the principle wicket takers as the home side were restricted to 175-6.
Nick Beedell then top scored with 49 and Alex Hunt chipped in with 27 as the reply got close, but not close enough, with the final wicket falling on 141.
However, despite the defeat Seaton remain just 16 points shy of second placed Shaldon who were well beaten by Uplyme and Lyme Regis.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Morgan’s men host Ashburton before travelling to Shaldon seven days later. They finish their campaign playing two relegation threatened sides, Feniton and Countess Wear.
D Division top five with four to play:
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Clyst Hydon 14 12 1 0 1 250
Shaldon 14 9 4 0 1 200
Ashburton 14 7 5 0 2 187
Seaton 14 7 6 0 1 184
Uplyme 14 7 6 0 1 175