Seaton ladies’ B end successful season with promotion
- Credit: Archant
Seaton ladies’ B tennis team completed a successful summer season in the Exeter and District League to win promotion, writes Jo Little.
The ladies’ team’s future hinged on their final match of the season, with a 5-5 draw against Exeter’s Victoria Park enough to secure promotion to Division Two.
The squad comprised of team captain Jo Little, Teresa Hancock, Carol Hurst, Jo Head, Kathy Wilkinson, Jen Rose, Susan Green, Liz Lynsey and Carolyn Pinnock.
The team ended the season as the second team in Division Three, topped only by a very strong Newton Abbott, the only team to beat the Seaton ladies at home in the campaign.
Their promotion continues the summer successes of Seaton Tennis Club, who fielded three mixed, three ladies’ and two men’s teams in the league.
You may also want to watch:
Seaton Tennis Club always welcomes new members, adult and junior, of all standards. Contact the membership secretary at email@example.com for further details.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust