Seaton ladies’ Blue team win at Budleigh in Over-50s League meeting
- Credit: Archant
Seaton ladies, Blue team, were in Over-50s Triples League action with a match at Budleigh where they won both triples and also took the overall match honours by 59 shots to 17, writes Alan Nicholas.
The top Seaton triple was the one of Maria Johnson, Carol Armitage and Marian Vessey, who won by 30 shots against seven.
On the same day, Seaton’s men’s Over-60s Triples League teams were also in midweek action.
The A team were beaten in a mighty close encounter at Exonia A with the Exeter side winning both rinks, but only just, with a two shot advantage on one and only a one shot advantage on the other!
The top triple for Seaton was the one of Roger Woolland, Terry Hurley-Smith and Don Yaxley.
You may also want to watch:
The B team were in action at North Tawton C where the rinks cores ended one-all, but Seaton emerged the winners overall by 32 shots to 29.
The top triple for Seaton was the one of John Vieth, Bob Scull and Dave Yardley, scoring 19 shots against 11.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Unfortunately, bad weather caused the cancellation of the C team match against Ottery C, which was due to be played at home.
Seaton ladies’ Over-50s Triples League Red team lost on one rink and shared the other in their meeting with Belmont, who took the overall match honours 35 shots to 29.
Seaton’s top triple was the one of Margaret Nicholas, Liz Wilde and Ruby Grigg.
A busy week of bowling for Seaton members ended with a friendly match at Charmouth where the home side were beaten 57 shots to 35 with the top Seaton triple the one of Kevin McCarthy, Graham Thomas and Angie Mayhew.