Seaton ladies Over-50s Blue team finish runners-up in Division One
- Credit: Archant
Seaton ladies’ Over-50s Blue team had a busy week to complete another league campaign, writes Alan Nicholas.
They began the week with a trip to Morchard Bishop where one triple won and the other secured a draw.
That amounted to an overall35-27 success and the top triple honours went to Angie Mayhew, Linda Stone and Marian Vessey.
Next up was another away game, but with less of a journey as they ventured to Sidmouth where the match was played out in heavy drizzle throughout!
Seaton were again successful, winning both triples and scoring a total of 31 shots against 28. In this match the top Seaton triple was the one of Angie Mayhew, Linda Stone and Joan Miles.
You may also want to watch:
A third game in as many days saw the team win go down 36-31 at home to Ottery St Mary. The rink scores were shared at one each with Seaton’s top triple the one of Barbara Sluman, Lilian Hurley-Smith and Joan Miles.
The final flurry of matches left Seaton Blue finishing as runners-up to Division One champions Crediton Yellow.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
The ladies’ Red team also wrapped up their campaign with a last game of the season at home to a Feniton side that they shared the spoils with in a 34-all tie. Each team won a triple and the top Seaton trio was Ann Joyner, Ruby Grigg and Lin Allison, who won 28-9.