Seaton ladies Over-50s Blue team suffer first defeat of season
- Credit: Archant
The Seaton bowlers week began with a Two Counties League fixture against visiting Culm Vale, writes Linda Stone.
Seaton won on three of the four rinks to record an overall 84-62 success. The top Seaton rink was the one of Norman Stone, Ann Joyner, Ed Backhouse and Phil Crichard.
Honiton were the Monday visitors for a four triples friendly match. After a close fought game Seaton won by 73 shots to 68 with the top triple comprising of Ed Backhouse, Malcolm Carvell and Pat Whitworth.
The ladies Over-50s League Blue team travelled to Sidmouth for a Tuesday encounter. It turned out to be an incredibly close game. Seaton were winners on one rink, but edged out on the other. Sidmouth prevailed, claiming a one shot win on the final end to seal a 33-32 success!
This was the first defeat for the Blue team this season and they banked just the two points from the titanic encounter. The top Seaton triple was the one of Lilian Hurley-Smith, Linda Stone and Di Morley.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday the men’s triples teams were in action. The A team won 59-29 at Topsham B and here the top rink was the one of David Ford, Ken Shean and Roger Woolland, who landed an emphatic 43-10 win.
The Over-60s B team also won on their travels with a 44-16 success at Heavitree B. The eight points they banked from their visit to Exeter takes them to third in the table, although other teams do have games in hand. The top Seaton rink was the one of Richard Whitworth, Bob Scull and Dave Yardley, who won 24-6.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
The final game of the week was another Two Counties League game, this time against Ottery St Mary. Seaton were 83-78 winners with the top rink comprising of Norman Stone, Ann Joyner, Les Tooze and Phil Crichard.