Seaton Over-50s red team bowl to victory over Exonia
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Over-50s’ Red team were at home to Exonia for their latest match, writes Linda Stone.
On what was another perfect day, weather wise, for bowls, both Seaton rinks played equally well, resulting in a win by 55 shots to 21.
All three men’s teams in the Over-60s Triples League were in action last week.
The A team entertained Okehampton B and won both rinks in an overall 40 shots to 25 win. The top Seaton triple comprised Peter Newton, Ron Rowley and Les Tooze (20-8). The B team travelled to Crediton where they beat the home B team by a single shot to gain six points. Top rink was Ed Backhouse, Bob Scull and Dave Yardley, who clinched victory with seven shots on the final end! The C team were also playing away, against Marina C. Unfortunately, they lost overall, 29 shots to 36 on a very fast green. The top triple was David Millard, Dennis Ridd and Peter Grigg who won their triple 18 shots to 14.
The first friendly of the week was away at Charmouth where Seaton were 55-42 winners. Here the top Seaton triple comprised of Ruby Grigg, Mavis Swallow and Terry Hurley-Smith.
You may also want to watch:
The final game of the week was on Saturday, in the East of Exe League, against Culm Vale.
All four rinks were successful resulting in the maximum score for Seaton (84 shots-34 shots). Top rink was Peter Newton, Ruby Grigg, Pat Whitworth and Di Morley.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon