Seaton pair edged out after marathon match in the Grater Pairs competition
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Over-60s men’s triples B team travelled to Sidmouth to play, writes Linda Stone.
They sealed a 35-24 victory to bank six points.
The top triple was George Mabon, Dave Yardley and Ed Backhouse. On the same evening the ladies went to Crediton to play Holsworthy in the second round of the Interclub Competition.
It ended with a win for each team on the two rinks, but Seaton won overall 45-39 and now progress to the next round.
The top rink was Lilian Hurley-Smith, Ann Joyner, Angie Mayhew and Joan Miles, winning 33-12 shots.
You may also want to watch:
There was a friendly match last Thursday at Starcross and Seaton won a close contest by four shots.
The top triple was Ann Joyner, Ray Thompson and George Mabon who won 23-10 Last Friday evening saw the Green Final of the Grater Pairs competition.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
This went the distance, ending after a marathon session at 9.40 in rain and wind, with the Seaton pairing of Norman Stone and Terry Hurley-Smith, losing on the last end having held the lead throughout.