Seaton pair edged out after marathon match in the Grater Pairs competition
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Over-60s men’s triples B team travelled to Sidmouth to play, writes Linda Stone.
They sealed a 35-24 victory to bank six points.
The top triple was George Mabon, Dave Yardley and Ed Backhouse. On the same evening the ladies went to Crediton to play Holsworthy in the second round of the Interclub Competition.
It ended with a win for each team on the two rinks, but Seaton won overall 45-39 and now progress to the next round.
The top rink was Lilian Hurley-Smith, Ann Joyner, Angie Mayhew and Joan Miles, winning 33-12 shots.
You may also want to watch:
There was a friendly match last Thursday at Starcross and Seaton won a close contest by four shots.
The top triple was Ann Joyner, Ray Thompson and George Mabon who won 23-10 Last Friday evening saw the Green Final of the Grater Pairs competition.
- 1 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 4 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 5 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 East Devon Property of the Week
- 8 Family campaigns to fund flower barn at 'paradise' site
- 9 When a waffle is good for your health
- 10 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
This went the distance, ending after a marathon session at 9.40 in rain and wind, with the Seaton pairing of Norman Stone and Terry Hurley-Smith, losing on the last end having held the lead throughout.