Seaton's Emma off to All England Tennis Club
Emma Hurst and Alex Butcher from Seaton Tennis Club played in the U14s Road to Wimbledon County Finals at Ivybridge.
Emma Hurst and Alex Butcher from Seaton Tennis Club played in the U14s Road to Wimbledon County Finals at Ivybridge, a National competition that sends the regional winners off to play at the world famous All England Club at Wimbledon on the prestigious grass courts.
On the first day, Emma made it through to the semi-finals and beat the no 2 seed and county team-mate, Tia Sloman from Barnstaple 6-2, 6-2.
Seaton's Alex Butcher, unfortunately, did not make it through to the next day, losing to an older player in straight sets following stern resistance.
On day 2, Emma had to play the No 1 seed, Isabella Brown from Exmouth in the finals. Following a close first set, Emma went on to win the match 7-5, 6-2 and now goes through to play in a 64 strong Girls' Draw at Wimbledon on Aug 16 - 22.
You may also want to watch:
Both players train at Seaton Tennis Club and are coached by Kevin Davis who was said to be " delighted with their performance".
If you are interested in having coaching or would like to join Seaton Tennis Club, please call 07971 65559 or drop into the club house.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
EMMA Hurst - qualified to play tennis at world famous Wimbledon.