Seaton’s Perry provides the fizz for superb victory
Axminster sit beleaguered at the foot of the B Division table at the half way mark of the season.
They were bundled out for just 54 by hosts Dartington and Totnes who had earlier been restricted to 167-8 with Robbie Prior claiming 4-34.
Axminster are now 19 points shy of second bottom Dartington and 34 from safety heading into the second half of the season.
On Saturday they host second in the table Barton.
Doom and gloom for the Cloakham Lawns 1st XI but onwards and upwards for the 2nd XI after they bagged a second successive success with a maximum points home win over Countess Wear II.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Farrow (4-49) and Sean Perry (3-2) combined to bowl the Exeter side out for 206. Then Perry struck a wonderful 121, his knock including 19 fours and two 6s. Dan Bicknell chipped in with 32 and Axminster got home with six wickets to spare.
No such joy for the thirds as they were bowled out for 38 at Kenn where the home side quickly recorded a nine wicket win.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption