Seaton’s Woolland wins Bowls Devon title group final
A FIVE triples match with Chard produced a thrilling encounter, writes Edward Harden.
There was just a single shot in it at the end, in favour of Chard at 86-85.
The best performing Seaton triple was that of Liz Scull, Sue Banwell-Moore ane Ken Shean.
In the Ladies Over-50s triples league played there was a splendid 48-24 victory over Dawlish Marina.
The Men’s Over-60s Triples League results were a mixed bag with the A team losing by five shots to Phear park B, the final score being 35-30 but better news for the B team beat Morchand Bishop B 36-27 with the best triple being Jeremy Allison, Bob Scull and David Yardley.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies’ over-50 triples team enjoyed a 39-31 success over Belmont with the best performing triple being Angie Mayhew, Rhonda Follenfant and Sue Rutter.
There was also a fine win over Honiton in the Two Counties Open League by 87 shots to 73. In this match the top rink was Peter Newton, Ian Manchester, Edward Backhouse and Phil Crichard.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying
Roger Woolland beat Roy Carnell in the group final of the Bowls Devon Over-60’s singles played at Seaton and then, last weekend, Angie Mayhew, Linda Stone and Barbara Thompson won the Honiton Triples Invitation Competition.