Seaton start home campaign with big win.
Seaton CC - week 2 news from the Francis Clark Devon league.
Seaton bagged a maximum points C Division victory with a 114 run victory over Kingsbridge. Mark Bray (61) and Charlie Cload (82) provided the stand-out knocks in a total of 239-8.
Then Ben Copp (4-26) and Ben Morgan (3-40), combined to hustle the visitors out for just 125.
Seaton II batted first in their game at Topsham St James and lost their final wicket on the last ball of the innings.
Dave Turner top scored with 40 and other useful contributions came from skipper Ian Hunt (32), Phil Collins (31), Peter Lawson (26) and Reed Maudsley (24 as the innings closed on 237.
You may also want to watch:
In the Topsham reply it was a mid-innings collapse that saw them go from 64-2 to 71-6 before they recovered to close on 175-9.
Peter Lawson was the top wicket taker with 4-41
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax