Seaton suffer knock to promotion hopes with Honiton defeat.
Seaton’s D Division promotion hopes were hit by a three wicket home defeat at the hands of Honiton.
Batting first in glorious conditions Seaton were in big trouble at 19-4 before Ryan Walker played a superb innings going on to hit 102, getting support from Mike Wheeler and skipper Ben Morgan, both hitting 26, as the innings closed on 222.
Honiton eventually got home with three wickets and a couple of overs to spare.
The defeat, a fourth of the season, coupled with Shaldons’ home success over basement side Feniton sees Morgan’s men slip out of the top two with the South Devon coast side now a point better off and Ashburton have closed to within five points in fourth spot.
On Saturday’s Morgan and his side travel to third bottom Halberton and Sampford Peverell.
You may also want to watch:
Winning in Mid Devon is a must for, if leaders Clyst Hydon win a twelfth game in as many outings at Shaldon, Seaton will be back into a top two berth come stumps on Saturday evening.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband