Seaton take eleven points from rain hit game at Honiton
Seaton got half a game in at Honiton where they managed to secure 11 points before the rain washed away any chance of a finish.
Steven Pritchard (31) and skipper Ben Morgan (27) together with 30 extra’s helped Seaton to 162-9.
The hosts replied with 95-4 when bad light forced them off for the final time.
Joe Berry took two wickets for Seaton who sit fifth in the D Division, just three points behind second placed Feniton.
Morgan said: “We did not do very much right either individually or collectively. However, we have managed to come out of a below-par effort with a decent haul of points and with all but one of the games in the section not finishing it means we are still very much in the mix. It looks like it’s going to be close all the way through this D Division campaign, there’s very little between most of the teams.”
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Morgan’s men is Saturday’s home meeting with Filleigh of which the skipper says: “It’s a huge game for us in the context of the season. It’s a game we need to win if we are to harbour genuine thoughts of mounting a promotion push. It’s not beyond this team’s capabilities. What we need is everyone to do their job on the day.”
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers