Seaton tennis ace Hurst nets British University title success
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Tennis club’s Emma Hurst is the new 2016 British University Women’s Singles National Champion.
The University of Bath student claimed the BUCS Championship without dropping a set during the tournament held at Loughborough University this week.
Emma had to meet her Great Britain team mate, Olivia Nicholls in the final, but took the title with a convincing 6-2, 6-0 win.
Emma also hopes to improve her world ranking on the ITF circuit later this year by competing in Pro-series events at Surbiton, Eastbourne, and Nottingham.
Belinda Bawden, press and publicity officer at Seaton tennis club said: “We are very proud of Emma’s achievement and we hope she will have time to play a few A team matches for us this summer!”
You may also want to watch:
For information about Seaton Tennis Club see their website at www.seatontennis.net or contact membership decretary, Jeremy Warner on email@example.com or 07973 506312.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding