Seaton Tennis Club preparing for another Great British Tennis Weekend event
- Credit: Archant
There’s another chance to come and join in the tennis fun at Seaton Tennis Club on Saturday week (June 13), writes Belinda Bawden.
Come along for free coaching, refreshments and the chance to meet club members to celebrate British Tennis.
The Great British Tennis Weekends’ 2015 were launched on May 13 with Gabby Logan, Annabel Croft and Greg Rusedski hosting events on Clapham Common in London.
The first Great British Tennis Weekend of 2015 (held on May 16 and 17), had 420 events in clubs, parks and tennis facilities with some 5,000 different sessions open for anyone to try.
Seaton Tennis Club welcomed some 80 juniors and 30 adults on Saturday, May 16, at our first Great British Tennis Weekend Open Day. Junior coaching sessions for tots to teenagers attracted many new faces as the exciting news about the Open Day was circulated in local schools, while adults who had seen the posters and publicity or been invited along by friends and family joined in the giant Cardio Tennis session, Tennis Xpress for beginners and doubles team training for the more confident.
You may also want to watch:
As for the next Great British Tennis Weekend (June 13), Seaton will have activities and sessions for all ages from 10am to 4pm, with refreshments on offer together with the chance to chat to the coaches and club members in between.
For more information go to the Great British Tennis Weekend website at www.clubspark.lta.org.uk/OpenDays or contact Seaton head coach, Jason Martin, on 07931 743168 or email him at email@example.com for details.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
For more general information about Seaton Tennis Club visit www.seatontennis.net or contact membership secretary, Jeremy Warner on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07973 506312.