Seaton Tennis star Hurst all set for Wimbledon wildcard play-offs
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Tennis Club’s Emma Hurst qualified for the Wimbledon 2016 British Wildcard play-offs last week at the All England Lawn Tennis Club, writes BBelinda Bawden.
Despite Emma losing to Laura Deigman 6-3, 6-4, it was a great achievement (as a university student) to reach a draw in the top 16 British ladies competing on grass for a place in the qualifications next week.
On returning to Seaton TC on Saturday, Emma thanked the club members for all their ongoing support.
She said: “Obviously I was really disappointed to lose my match, but was pleased with how I played, and it just came down for a few breaks in serve.
“It was an amazing opportunity to play on the grass courts at Wimbledon - something I have been aiming towards all year at Bath University.”
You may also want to watch:
For more general information about Seaton Tennis Club, visit www.seatontennis.net or contact membership secretary, Jeremy Warner on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07973 506312.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery