Seaton Town Under-12s suffer mixed fortunes in latest weekend double-header.
- Credit: © Royalty-Free/Corbis
Seaton Town Under-12s won one and lose on in their latest double-header weekend of Exeter and District Youth League football.
Saturday’s trip to Cullompton saw Town make a poor start and they were punished as the hosts scored what proved to be the only goal of the first half.
Manager Jamie McCabe must have said all the right things during the interval for his team looked a different proposition from the opening minute of the second half!
Edward Kenworthy took centre stage with four second half goals to seal a deserved success.
gave a rousing half time team talk which sparked Seaton into life, Edward Kenworthy netted four second half goals to give Seaton a 4-1 win.
You may also want to watch:
The following day Town entertained Tiverton-based Moors Eagles. Once again the first half did not go too well for the home side and they conceded two late goals, but Drew Aedo-Smith managed to pull one back to give Town hope at the break.
Seaton, now playing down hill in the second half, piled the pressure onto Moors and had numerous chances at goal, but could not score.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The visitors always carried a threat on the break and added a third before Reece McCabe set up a close finish, but the equaliser eluded them and the 3-2 reversal is damaging to their title hopes.