Seaton Town Under-15s make return to final of Wellman Cup after win over Sidmnouth
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Town 5, Sidmouth 0 Seaton Town Under-15 were excellent value for a nap hand home triumph over East Devon Youth League leaders Sidmouth Town to secure a Wellman Cup cup final berth, writes Andrew Franklin.
Town went into the game having not beaten their East Devon rivals this season. However, with a full squad on duty they were quickly into their stride.
They made the perfect start with Tony Pinder netting in the opening minutes.
Tow further goals were added before the break with Ollie Binion and Max Richardson the scorers.
After the break, Jacob Rowe and Lewis Cottam both scored to add salt into the Sidmouth wounds!
You may also want to watch:
Pete Smith landed the Seaton man of the Match award.
It’s the second successive year that Seaton will contest the Wellman Cup final. They won it last year when they defeated Sidmouth and this year their opposition will be Honiton Town.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters