Seaton Town Under-15s make return to final of Wellman Cup after win over Sidmnouth
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Town 5, Sidmouth 0 Seaton Town Under-15 were excellent value for a nap hand home triumph over East Devon Youth League leaders Sidmouth Town to secure a Wellman Cup cup final berth, writes Andrew Franklin.
Town went into the game having not beaten their East Devon rivals this season. However, with a full squad on duty they were quickly into their stride.
They made the perfect start with Tony Pinder netting in the opening minutes.
Tow further goals were added before the break with Ollie Binion and Max Richardson the scorers.
After the break, Jacob Rowe and Lewis Cottam both scored to add salt into the Sidmouth wounds!
You may also want to watch:
Pete Smith landed the Seaton man of the Match award.
It’s the second successive year that Seaton will contest the Wellman Cup final. They won it last year when they defeated Sidmouth and this year their opposition will be Honiton Town.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery