Seaton triple enjoy success in the County Benevolent Triples at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Bowling Club started the week with a Monday friendly away at Tiverton, writes Linda Stone.
After an extremely enjoyable afternoons bowling Seaton won by 76 shots to 63 with Angie Mayhew, Peter Grigg and Joan Miles the top triple of the day.
The County Benevolent triples took place at Sidmouth and Seaton’s team of Maria Johnson, Pat Whitworth and Di Morley played extremely well, on a hot and sticky day, winning their morning match against a triple from Sidmouth and then beating a team from Madeira in the afternoon, to reach the green final which took place earlier this week (news on that in next week’s Midweek Herald).
Tuesday’s match was a Two Counties League match against Hemyock at home. Hemyock won on three of the four rinks and the final score was Seaton 67, Hemyock 77. Seaton’s winning rink was Mike Clarke, Angie Mayhew, Don Yaxley and Les Tooze.
Always a tough venue to visit, Seaton A men’s team did well to beat St Thomas A on their own patch by 11 shots (37-26) last Wednesday in the Over 60’s Triples League. The top triple was David Ford, Alan Wood and Roger Woolland.
You may also want to watch:
Seaton finished the week with two games which they lost.
First up a Saturday away game at Teignmouth and then a new fixture, a home meeting with Wimborn on Sunday.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone