Seaton Under-10s out of luck at Cullompton
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Under-10s returned home from a visit to a cold Cullompton with a draw and a narrow defeat from matches against the hosts and Bradninch.
First up against Cullompton they shared two goals in a contest of high quality and fast-flowing football. Seaton dominated, but their problem – and it struck for the full morning – was not taking chances.
Leo Gribble scored the only goal, making it himself with a fine run before a clinical finish.
Adam Clinch saw a 15-yard pile driver crash against the cross bar but, despite launching plenty of shots at the home goal a second score was not forthcoming.
If the outcome of the first game was a disappointment then second was an absolute choker, as the team slipped to a 1-0 loss to Bradninch. The game was one-way traffic after Bradninch scored with their only shot on target in the entire game!
You may also want to watch:
Once again Seaton laid siege to the goal, again Clinch shook the crossbar with a long-range effort and George Gait then hit the post, but trying to get through a packed defence was difficult as the opposition threw bodies into their defending.
Despite the results, the football played by the whole team was outstanding. The Men of the Morning awards went to George Gait and Christian Pinnock who orchestrated things throughout from midfield
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery