Seaton win derby at Whimple and keep looking upwards
Seaton came out on top in a low scoring East Devon derby at Whimple.
Only Mike Searle (20) and Kev Thompson (12) were able to make much impression with the bat as Whimple limped to 84 in conditions that suited the bowlers far more than the batsmen!
Seaton skipper Ben Morgan sent down eight maidens in his nine over spell that saw him produce marvellous figures of 4-3. Phil Collins (3-21) and Joe Berry (3-43) were the other wicket takers.
Batting proved just as difficult for Seaton and they had just three wickets left when they got over then finishing line. Mark Bray top scored with 31 and, typical of a tight encounter, the winning run was a wide with the two not out batsmen at the time, Morgan and Ben Copp both having yet to score!
Whimple skipper Ben Silk said: “Had we scored just another 20 or 30 I am pretty confident that would have been a match winning total. That said, we did not bat well enough collectively to warrant winning”
You may also want to watch:
Seaton’s Morgan said: “It was hard work, but I felt we just about deserved to win”
On Saturday Seaton host Countess Wear whilst Whimple head for Halberton and Sampford Peverell.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters