Short nets best score in Honiton seniors’ stableford meeting
- Credit: Archant
Quite a few of the usual suspects picked up prizes in the Honiton seniors’ stableford, writes Andy Wagner.
However, it was good to see just a couple of new names on the winners’ board.
Those teeing off early had play affected by heavy dew and as the greens are still recovering from hollow tining and conditions were not ideal for high scoring.
The best score of the day was a 39 from Eric Short in division one. John Fleetwood made 37, but Jim Wallis, Vic Wood and Malcolm Matthews were separated only on countback, all with 36 points.
Division Two was won by Rob Sexton with a 37, Phil Faulkner was runner-up with 35.
You may also want to watch:
The three other prize winners were David Lavender, Howard Pritchard and Brian Hoepelman, all scoring 34 points.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Major accolade for driving school
- 5 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 6 The joy of gving something back
- 7 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world