Showtime for Taggy
Double whammy for local rider
Taggy Forester-Bennett (13) and her pony Showtime II have been on a roll of late.
The combination came first at the British Inter-Schools One Day Event Championship, in which children of all ages are able to compete. The event held at Stonar School, Melksham, attracts teams and individuals representing schools from around the UK.
Taggy from Dunkeswell and who attends Wellington School, Somerset, was in the 90cms class, there were 190 entries.
Taggy won her section on a dressage score of 23 and then went on to jump the show jumping and cross country phases clear.
You may also want to watch:
This left her out in the lead by six points.
The pair, who were third at the Pony Club Eventing Championships last August, have now set their sights on British Eventing and their first event is at Winkleigh on the July 4.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
The previous weekend she won the under 14.2 hands working hunter class at Axe Vale Hunt Show at Branscombe and went on to win the Supreme Hunter Championship against the winners of all the nine hunter classes.
Photo by Fotograffs.