Sidmouth bowlers suffer post tea woes in defeat to Feniton
- Credit: Archant
This past Tuesday saw the penultimate outdoor game of this season, a mixed friendly against neighbours, Feniton, writes Susie Bonnell.
It’s been a mixed bag – weather wise – for us outdoor bowlers in 2017, but the action got underway in some superb sunshine.
As play progressed, two rinks were building significant advantages; one in favour of Sidmouth and the other for the visitors.
When the bell rang for tea, Sidmouth had the smallest of advantages overall, just the one shot and two rinks each. After the normal pleasantries, a thanks to the tea ladies and a couple of well received funny stories, the game resumed.
Who would have thought that the old adage ‘it all changes after tea’ would raise its head with a vengeance.
You may also want to watch:
Across the four rinks, Sidmouth only managed 16 shots in the remaining 11 ends to Feniton’s 57 and lost on all four rinks. Wow – what was in that tea?
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond