Sidmouth Town v Axminster Town: Match Preview
- Credit: Archant
Ahead of Sidmouth Town hosting Axminster Town on Wednesday night, here’s a preview of everything you need to know going into the game.
Axminster Town will kick start their league season tonight when they take-on Sidmouth Town in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division
It will be a return to Sidmouth for Axminster's Josh Stunell who previously managed the Vikings before leaving in the summer of 2018.
The Tigers are without Connor Swingler who has a broken wrist, apart from that the squad is fully fit.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth began life in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division East with a rocky start as they lost their opening game against Torpoint Atheltic 7-3.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
The result means they are 17th in the table with Crediton United, Plymouth Marjons and Torridgeside below them.
Axminster is one of two teams not to have played a league fixture yet this season alongside Elburton Villa.
In pre-season, their form was good as they won three, drew one and lost two. A 6-1 away at Beer Albion was a particular highlight.
Axminster was triumphant in both meetings between the pair in last season's now defunct Division One East league.
The first game came early in the season at Axminster with the hosts taking all three points with a 1-0 win.
The reverse fixture was in April and while Sidmouth did manage to find the back of the net, they lost the game 3-1.
The game kicks-off at 7.30pm on Wednesday, August 14. Follow @eastdevonsport for live updates and check www.midweekherald.co.uk for a full match report.