Sidmouth Town v Axminster Town: Match Preview
- Credit: Archant
Ahead of Sidmouth Town hosting Axminster Town on Wednesday night, here’s a preview of everything you need to know going into the game.
Axminster Town will kick start their league season tonight when they take-on Sidmouth Town in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division
It will be a return to Sidmouth for Axminster's Josh Stunell who previously managed the Vikings before leaving in the summer of 2018.
The Tigers are without Connor Swingler who has a broken wrist, apart from that the squad is fully fit.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth began life in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division East with a rocky start as they lost their opening game against Torpoint Atheltic 7-3.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 5 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
The result means they are 17th in the table with Crediton United, Plymouth Marjons and Torridgeside below them.
Axminster is one of two teams not to have played a league fixture yet this season alongside Elburton Villa.
In pre-season, their form was good as they won three, drew one and lost two. A 6-1 away at Beer Albion was a particular highlight.
Axminster was triumphant in both meetings between the pair in last season's now defunct Division One East league.
The first game came early in the season at Axminster with the hosts taking all three points with a 1-0 win.
The reverse fixture was in April and while Sidmouth did manage to find the back of the net, they lost the game 3-1.
The game kicks-off at 7.30pm on Wednesday, August 14. Follow @eastdevonsport for live updates and check www.midweekherald.co.uk for a full match report.