Silver jack roll signals start of new season in Seaton
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Bowling Club held their opening drive on Sunday.
Club president Malcolm Carvell started the proceedings by delivering the traditional silver jack then by sending up the first bowl of the season.
He was followed by the club captain Maria Johnson.
Although there was a chilly wind, the weather remained fine and 18 ends were completed.
The winning rink was Ted Talbot, Reg Pluck and Di Morley.
You may also want to watch:
The season continues with the first friendly match tomorrow, away at Lyme Regis.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 Have your say on future development of village
- 4 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 5 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 6 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 7 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes