Simply Gr-eight from Tansley in amazing Honiton game against Filleigh
There was an extraordinary game at Honiton where nineteen wickets fell for a combined total of 101 runs!
Leaders Filleigh arrived at Mountbatten Park having lost just twice this season but they were skittled out for a meagre 48 with Phil Tansley claiming eight wickets for six runs! That though, was not the end of the story for Honiton proceeded to lose all but one of their wickets in the run chase, sealing a single wicket win on 51-9 with George Meadows’ offering of 12 the highest individual score of any of the 22 players involved in the game.
Honiton II climbed to the very top of the D Division East table with a thrilling single wicket win at Feniton II.
The home side batted first and were led to 237-5 by Toby Devine’s splendid 79 and a knock of 71 from Stuart Bright.
Andy Brinsford picked up four wickets for Honiton who were then led to victory by Neil Pullman (64), Kieran Sluman (44) and skipper Andrew Lapping (38).
You may also want to watch:
The heroes at the end for Honiton were 14-year-old Harry Wright with an unbeaten 16 and club stalwart Richard Hill (1no). Danny Lewis took 4-12 for Feniton before injury saw his spell with the ball ended after five excellent overs.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery