Simsek stars as Feniton Under-16s edge out Seaton in derby thriller
- Credit: Archant
Feniton continued their quest for Exeter and District Youth League honours when they won their East Devon derby meeting with Seaton by the odd goal in three.
Fenny had to work hard to bank all three points against a determined Seaton team.
Feniton started brightly and Oscar Walsh hit the side netting early on.
However, Seaton opened the scoring from a bizarre goal direct from a corner to take a shock lead which they held until half-time.
The game was being played in the face of a gale force wind and it took Feniton 20 minutes of the second half against stiff Seaton resistance to level when Branden Simsek’s cross was turned home at the far post by Haydn Tucker.
You may also want to watch:
Seaton continued to make a game of it, but visitors Feniton were now on the front foot and another superb Branden Simsek cross was met by striker Chaz Dodd on 75 minutes and he headed the ball into the top corner to seal a fourth successive win for the team.
Full credit must also be afforded to Seaton Town for their superb contribution to the contest and also to 18-year-old referee Connor Murphy, who officiated the game superbly throughout.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
Man of the Match was Feniton midfielder Branden Simsek.