Skipper Hutchings named Chardstock CC Player of the Year
There was a good turn out for the Chardstock Cricket Club Awards Evening, writes Frank Huddy.
The event was held at the George Inn where everyone tucked into a fine buffet supper.
Chairman Edward Eames welcomed players and guests and said the club had a good season finishing halfway up their league.
The chairman made special mention of the season that skipper Rob Hutchings had, scoring over 1100 league runs.
Hutching was named Player of the Year and Richard Parris was named Clubman of the Year.
You may also want to watch:
The latter also received the FR Huddy Bowl in recognition of his sterling work for the club.
The Walter Larcombe Cup for Young Player of the Year went to James Pyman.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
The awards were presented by life member Frank Huddy in the absence of club president Sir Neville Marriner CBE.