Sleeman leads Honiton ladies back at Yeovil
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Running Club had several lady members on the start line for the Yeovil Half Marathon, writes Judy Davey.
The race took place on a sunny day, with a large field of nearly 1,300 finishers. The route took runners round the town of Yeovil and into the grounds of Montacute House, before a downhill finish through the shopping centre.
There were crowds of people cheering and playing music along much of the course. Jennie Sleeman was first back for Honiton coming 477th in one hour 53 minutes. Other Honiton runners were: Anna Dalzell, 744th in 2:02; Vanessa Knowles 761st in 2:03; Clare Melbourne 817th in 2:06; Karen Lister, 818th in 2:06; Kathy Layzell, 921st in 2:12 and Debbie Vinnicombe, 960th in 2:14. The race was won by Chris Southern in 1:13.
Another member, Andy Ashford, took part in the Taunton Half Marathon and did very well to come 315th in the great time of 1:48. There were 971 finishers and the race was won by Jim Cole in 1:11.
Howard Bidmead was in Wokingham at the weekend testing out the new route of the Wokingham 10k which was two laps of the beautiful Dinton Pastures Country Park. Howard says this was a glorious location, running two laps around the lake on tracks and footpaths.
You may also want to watch:
He was pleased with his run and finished 29th in 47:40 and was third male V50.
There were 195 finishers and the race was won by Simon Millet of Windsor Slough Elton and Hounslow AC in a time of 33:51.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 How would you feel about giving up your car?