Smith treble as Honiton Town U15s edge out Beacon Knights
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town U15s came back from 3-0 down before half-time to beat Beacon Knights 5-4, writes Jeremy Broad.
Honiton had to contend with a wind-assisted bright start from the visitors, culminating in two good strikes from their striker.
Honiton hit back with several chances going to Kyle Newham and Jack Smith. However, the visitors extended their lead shortly after.
Changes had to be made so Conor Flanagan switched to a position in front of the centre-backs.
Excellent build-up play involving Cameron Long and George Wills created an opening for Jack Smith, who burst in from the right and scored the opener for Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Another opportunity was created by a Tom Young clearance, which Smith latched on to, again scoring from the right.
After the break the Knights carved open a chance and produced an excellent chip to defeat the home keeper.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Honiton hit back and completely dominated the second half with Smith completing his hat-trick, Elliot Forwell scoring a well-taken volley and Joe Gillard completing the burst of three unanswered goals to secure victory.