SOHC Under-14 girls impress at first Devon Festival of the season
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey club Under-14 girls fielded two teams at the first of the season’s Devon Festival meetings.
The A team lost one, drew one and won three, with one of those a terrific 4-0 win over Isca.
There were goals and great attacking play throughout from Amy Scott, Macy Parsons, Jess Perry and Freya Pellow.
Imogen Clarke proved a skilful wide player, and there was solid defending from Eve Lawler and Fiona Earnshaw and superb goalkeeping from Amy Davies.
The B team had many players experiencing tournament play for the first time. After an understandably nervy start the team began to gel and put together some neat passing moves.
You may also want to watch:
There was some great positional play from Elizabeth Thomson up front while Jemima Daly was a terrier in midfield and got terrific support from Rosie Munday. Rosie Miller shone in defence and Evie Simmons had a fantastic first outing in goal as the team drew two and lost three.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief