Somers nets four as Colyton’s nap hand win pushes them towards promotion.
Colyton 5, Halwill 0 The Tanners nap hand win over a side they lost to a month before has pushed them to within touching distance of a Division Two promotion place.
Starting the game at a high tempo paid dividends as they bagged a 15th minute lead.
With their third corner of the game, Wayne Waddon headed back across goal and Callum Somers slammed home the first of his four goals.
The lead was doubled in the 35th minute when Maddocks delivered the perfect cross for Somers to notch his second.
Within five minutes of the restart it was 3-0 with a goal from route-one! Keeper Reid launched a clearance, Maddocks headed on and Somers outpaced the backline before finishing in style.
You may also want to watch:
The Tanners were reduced to ten men when Mickey Burgess saw red, but still Colyton bossed proceedings, adding further goals from Somers and Mike Gould.
The latter crowning a superb individual shift with the fifth and final goal.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
Yeomans Acre, the match day sponsors, presented the Man of the Match award to Callum Somers.
Colyton have eleven matches still to play and sit seventh, just nine points off the promotion places.
With games in hand on all the teams above them, they really might yet mount a serious promotion push. They are in action at home to Broadclyst on Saturday (3pm).