Stockland girls were Devon runners- up
The girls’ Asda Kwik Cricket county final for Devon took place on Friday, at Bovey Tracey Cricket Club.
The competition saw teams from all over Devon battle it out to see who would become the county champion for 2012. In a close final, Hyde Park JS from Plymouth beat Stockland Primary to win the competition.
County Champions will go on to take part in the Asda Kwik Cricket regional finals taking place at Exmouth CC in the first week of July, competing against the best teams from Cornwall, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire.
The winner of the regional finals will join the best teams from England, Scotland and Northern Ireland where a national champion will be decided at Leicestershire CCC on July 16.
Asda, entering their seventh year of sponsorship for the national Kwik Cricket Competition, were present on the day to hand out drinks and healthy snacks to young players.
You may also want to watch:
Already incorporating nearly 140,000 young cricketers from over 8,000 schools around the UK, the Asda Kwik Cricket competition is the largest structured primary school competition in UK sports. It is is the perfect format for primary school children to be introduced to the sport, as it uses a soft ball and everyone gets a go.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis