Sun Am winners
Sunday saw the grand finale of the Sun Am Winter Competition with Matt Bond and Dave Nichols contesting the final against Kevin Thompson and John Burden with the rest of the pairings playing a better ball Stableford for the Plate.
The finalists had come a long hard road through the winter weather to get to this position and neither team gave holes away lightly. But in the end Matt, playing off two, had to concede too many shots and John and Kevin won 3+2. Meanwhile the Plate was won with a tidy score of 42pts by James Drew and Mike Williams.
Tuesday Mixed - This week members played for the Chivers Goblets in a drawn-for-playing-partners Greensome Stableford.
The winners were presented with their prizes by lady captain Jackie Seager. Winners of the Goblets this month were Ro and Chris Poole with 37pts. on c/b - Ro completing her "hat-trick".
Second place, also 37pts, losing out on c/b were Linda Northover and Andy Sharland. Third were Rosemary Whiteley and Stan Squire with 35pts. Fourth place went to Celia Hamlett and Bill Eaton with 34pts.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies’ Section: With summer-in-March, conditions could not have been better for a most enjoyable game of golf and high scores were just the icing on the cake for this week's winners.
First in Silver Division was Henrietta Bradshaw with 37pts and second was Mona Carter with 35pts. In Bronze 1 Sharon Dacre took first place with 39pts, followed by Gill Johnson on 35pts and Linda Blundell on 34 pts.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Bronze 2 winner Sue Witton astounded with an excellent score of 41pts, while Majson Stroud was not far behind on 37pts. Avril Shepherd got third place with 33pts, beating Susan Hyde on countback.