Sun shines again for Honiton ladies
- Credit: Archant
Once again the weather put paid to much of the golfing action, writes John Pawley
Once more it was only the ladies who managed to get a competition played and once again they were blessed with good weather!
Indeed the golf was contested in glorious winter sunshine and, apart from the temporary greens being somewhat challenging, the course played well, though the ground was somewhat frosty and icy under foot.
The format was Treble Six and there were a hardy 16 players, playing in pairs.
One score counted for the first six holes, the next six were greensomes and the last six holes were foursomes.
You may also want to watch:
Considering the conditions, the results were amazing! First place went to the formidable team of Brenda Hyde and Chris Pearce who carded a score of 37 points.
The very worthy pairing of Cherry Liell and Jan Lloyd (ones to watch) took second place with a score of 36 points.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis