Super league darts success
The East Devon Super League darts team played its first game of the new season, having put straight into division one, the middle division in the Devon Super League.
The team were at their home venue of the Axminster Conservative Club and the opponents were South Molton Stags. The home side are made up of some experienced super league players and some who are new to this level of darts, so there were a few nervous players going into the first fixture.
Mark Bradley showed none of his nerves as he beat his opponent 3-0 to get the home to off to a great start.
Although putting up a good fight Mark Doherty lost his match 2-3, this was followed by two further losses from Rory Tucker and Merv Wackley.
With a match score of 1-3 to the away side, Bert Trivett stepped to the oche and steadied the rocking ship winning his match 3-1. Ben Coath could not find his form and lost 0-3 and Ed Coutts fought hard but also lost 2-3.Victory went to the Stags, but with two games to play, the home side fought on.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Shakespear won his game comfortably 3-0, and with Mark Fisher winning his match 3-1 gave the home side a respectable final score 4-5.
The team would like to thank its Sponsors Marecabo Ltd, Axminster Summer and winter darts League, Vaults Bar, To an Fro, Glasstech Southwest, and The Axminster Conservative Club.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
Further Sponsorship is always welcome and if interested please contact for further info Mark Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Super League Game 20th August Away to Raose and Crown Sandford
Match Scores and averages
Mark Bradley 3 (17.08) - Sid Wood 0 (16.24), Mark Doherty 2(21.64) - Shawn Carter 3(23.41), Rory Tucker 1(18.52) - Alan Griffard 3(19.63), Merv Wackley 1(20.87) - Andy Cox 3(23.38), Bert Trivett 3(21.57) - Andrew Burnett 1(18.76) Ben Coath 0(15.11) - Kevin Leach 3(22.78), Ed Coutts 2(18.90) - Tony Hulland 3(20.11), Dan Shalespear 3(15.83) - Ian Stoneman 0(14.74), Mark Fisher 3(20.35) - Martin Headon 1(19.09)