Superb attendnace at the AVR 2013 AGM
There was a good turnout for AVR’s AGM last week in which chairman Garry Perratt stated that it had been a fantastic year, writes Dave Mutter.
With now some 173 members the club was going from strength to strength.
Garry was given a rousing reception for all his hard work.
Retiring junior head coach Paul Johns said it was the most successful junior year ever with 25 to 30 youngsters regularly attending, sometimes up to 50!
He was pleased that so many had entered races, with some doing very well indeed.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, Paul’s retirement now means the junior section is short of helpers. If anyone could lend a hand for a few hours a week please email new head coach Phil Bayliss on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption