Taylor Prettejohn stars as Honiton Hawks U10s impress sat Tiverton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Hawks Under-10s journeyed across to Mid Devon to meet hosts Tiverton on what was bitterly cold Sunday morning.
The Hawks took a squad of 12 players: Archie Trott, Byron Chalmers, Charlie Wheeler, Elliot Arscott, Harry Evans, Harry Haysom, Kyle Moore, Liam Webber, Logan Symons, Miles Salter, Taylor Prettejohn and Will Parris.
As Tiverton had similar numbers, an 8-a-side game with rolling substitutions of 20 minutes each way was played.
The Hawks’ boys are improving each week and played as well as they have done this season so far.
Their greater tackling intensity caused their opponents no end of problems and restricted their try scoring opportunities. This coupled with their excellent handling, ball retention, passing and offloading in attack lead to a comfortable win.
You may also want to watch:
Taylor Prettejohn was awarded the ‘Best Effort’ award this week.
His ball carrying was excellent and consistently gained ground for his teammates to take advantage of.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust