Ten-man Tigers net superb Teignmouth victory
Axminster Town 3, Teignmouth Town 2 The Tigers played two thirds of this match a man short after a red card was handed out to Luke Ashford.
Despite the sending-off Town were always in control of the contest although they found themselves behind twice in the first half!
They went one down as early as the tenth minute, but it took just five further minutes for parity to be restored when Richie Emmet found the back of the Teign net.
Two minutes later they were behind again when Wes Carr was adjudged to have brought down a visiting player and the penalty was tucked away.
Undeterred the Tigers were again level on 25 minutes when a Lewis Couch cross was turned home by Terry Emmett.
You may also want to watch:
Twenty minutes from time more impressive approach play from Couch resulted in another teasing cross that was turned past his own keeper by a Teign player to give the Tigers all three points.
The victory, Town’s seventh in 13 games this term, keeps them very much at the heart of the promotion race.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
On Saturday Paul Ashford’s men travel to Alphington.