The Pinks are given ‘the blues’ as Caroline Bond leads team to success at Axe Cliff
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Cliff ladies held their first Match Play competition for many months last Wednesday, writes Dave Bruce.
Two teams were drawn from those taking part and the first of them was the secretary’s team, led by Caroline Bond and they carried the The Blues.
The second was the competition secretary’s team led by petite Margaret Kenchington and aptly named as The Pinks – her favourite colour!
There were seven matches and the competition was very keen for the overall result went down to the last game which, fittingly for such a close contest overall – was halved.
It all left the final outcome being a four-and-three success for The Blues.
You may also want to watch:
I wonder which team Karin Cox, our Captain’s Day, individual winner, was playing for?
Karin joined the club last year with her husband John. Normally they would spend their summer here and some of the winter abroad, where they also play golf.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery