Thomas stars as Offwell Rangers are edged out by much-changed Elmore
Offwell Rangers were edged out 1-0 by a strong Elmore side.
The midweek decision by the Tiverton-based club to depart the South West Peninsula League had a knock-on effect with Rangers due to meet an Elmore third eleven, coming up against what had been the previous week’s reserve side that the week before had been plying their trade in the Fresha League Premier Division!
Rangers boss Scott Phillips: “As we expected after the midweek news this was the hardest match we’ve had all season, but we battled really well and I feel deserved to take something from the game for our considerable efforts. They (Elmore) created the one chance, and that came from our mistake. Other than that we were solid at the back throughout.
“We had a clear cut penalty turned down at the end of the game and to say we didn’t get many decisions would be an understatement!”
The match sponsors Tip Top Trees opted for the Man of the Match award to go to Dean Thomas who played in several positions during the game and was outstanding in all”
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Rangers, who sit sixth in the Division Seven table, travel to unbeaten leaders Hemyock Reserves.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery