Three little ducks as Kilmington II net derby win at Whimple
Uplyme and Lyme Regis II were six wicket winners at home to Whimple II.
Grant Northover (66) and skipper Barry Wright (55) led Whimple to 198.
The bulk of the wicket taking was done by teenagers Ollie Lee and Reece Davies. Fourteen-year-old Lee claimed 3-17 whilst 13-year-old Davies took 3-23.
Steve Batey, stepping in for the un-well Brian Rattenbury, led the successful run chase with an unbeaten 76.
Stand-in skipper Dave Norman (49) and Michael Holding (44no) were the other run scorers.
You may also want to watch:
Three of the four home wickets to fall were ducks!
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery