Tigers edged out at Teignmouth
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Town went down by the odd goal in five when they travelled to Teignmouth to contest a South West Peninsula League (SWPL), Eastern Division game.
Town fell behind to a 30th minute goal, but hit straight back with player-manager Jon Hurford the goal scorer.
However, parity lasted for just six minutes before the Teigns regained the lead.
Teignmouth went 3-1 up with a third goal early in the second half, but plucky Town stuck at it and set up a grandstand finish when Jamie Barfoot struck in the 89th minute. However, time ran out on the Tigers and they slipped to a 10th defeat in their 23 matches in the SWPL so far this season.
Town are without a game this Saturday (March 24), but they are in midweek action next Tuesday (March 27) when they entertain Torridgeside (7.45pm).
You may also want to watch:
They are then back in action on Friday week when their Good Friday evening match (kick-off at 7pm) is part of the SWPL Groundhop. Ticket sales have sailed past 125 for the Groundhop and that entire contingent will be at Tiger Way on Good Friday along with the regular supporters that would go to a Devon derby against Crediton United.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre