Tigers up to fifth with midweek clean sheet success
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Town climbed to fifth place in the South West Peninsula League Eastern Division table following their midweek 4-0 win over Budleigh Salterton.
The Tigers are now just two points off second place after a ninth success of the campaign.
In a bright start beneath the Tiger Way floodlights, Sam Dibling fired Town into a 10th minute lead.
Just before the half-hour Ben Allen made it 2-0 and a goal from Luke Finn, just two minutes before the break, sent the Tigers into the interval with a 3-0 advantage.
In the second half there was just the one further goal, scored with 17 minutes left by Jamie Barfoot.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday (November 17) Axminster Town host basement side Liverton United who will pitch up at Tiger Way. The South Devon side have lost all 14 of their matches in the league this season, conceding 88 goals to date.
The Tiger Way match on Saturday has a 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis