Tough and torrid Teignmouth
Honiton second XV continued their run of away games with another difficult encounter at Teignmouth and, having had a torrid time of things of late, they knew it would be a tough encounter as both teams senior sides are fighting it out for top spot in the Devon and Cornwall league.
The Seasiders were much the stronger side in the first half and were to rue three missed kickable penalties. To make matters worse for them they went into the turnaround three points down courtesy of a well struck penalty from Honiton's Ben Webber.
Honiton regrouped and. perhaps realising they were up against it. adopted a "can do approach" for the second half and they took the game to the Seasiders. Throwing the ball around the ball was handled well by the backs and this released Webber down the flank who used his pace to round two defenders to score a good converted try. This try seemed to be the catalyst to give Honiton the upper hand and the Lacemen started to get on top in all areas.
Stevie Nex. making a welcome return. delivered a inch perfect grubber kick for James Powell to gather and he ran in to score an unconverted try. Honiton didn't have it all their own way though and there were passages of stale mate . Jonathan Galling controlled the push over for another score.
Honiton held out for an impressive 20-0 result which will give them confidence.
You may also want to watch:
after a tough few weeks on the road!
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert