Tough matches but Honiton show promise
- Credit: Archant
Honiton U9s played their first match this year on Saturday and, although they went to Sidmouth in red, they came back brown, writes Mark Fisher.
Sid FC u9s Raiders 1, Honiton U9s Demons 0
Sid FC U9 Warriors 2, Hon FC U9 Demons 0
Sid FC U9 Warriors 11 , Honiton FC U9 Devils 1
sid FC U9s Raiders 5, Honiton FC U9s Devils 0
You may also want to watch:
The conditions were tough and muddy but the Devils and Demons got to play some football after nearly a month with no training or matches.
Demons had Sidmouth Raiders first, coming out very rusty but with plenty of energy, every player tried hard and were in the Raiders’ half most of the game without getting a goal. Raiders snatched a goal but all the Demons can be very proud of their performance.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
The Demons then played Sidmouth Warriors, a very good passing side. This game was great to watch every player putting maximum effort in. Although the match ended 2-0 to Warriors this was probably the best the Demons have ever played.
The Devils played Warriors first coming out strong and positive, holding them for most of the first half. Lack of play and tiredness kicked in the first half ending 3-0 to Warriors, the second half was tough as their focus and drive dwindled losing 11-1, Hayden Owen getting the only Honiton goal of the day!
The Devils then played Raiders, never really getting into this match.
Showing the need to build their confidence again and sort out themselves defensively, the need to get back and defend was obvious.
The match ended 5-0 to Raiders, but with some hard work and working together I believe, with their individual talent, the team can get back to winning ways.