Tratt-Skinner nets on debut as Upottery Reserves make their point
- Credit: Archant
Upottery Reserves shared four goals with hosts Exmouth Spartans when the pair met in a Macron League Division Six game.
Upottery travelled with only 12 players, but had one more than the 11-man hosts who were also unable to provide a linesman, something that made things all the tougher fo for the match referee!
The home side took the lead in the opening exchanges, but the Upottery response was good and, four days after his 16th birthday, Cody Tratt-Skinner marked his senior debut for Upottery with a well-struck left foot shot from the edge of the area to level things up at 1-1.
It remained all square through to half-time and, after the break, it was Upottery in the ascendency and it was against the run of play when the home side regained the lead with a slick counter-attack.
Upottery made the one change they could with Harry Leisk tasked with a front running role.
You may also want to watch:
The switch paid dividends as the pressure built on the home defence and it was no more than Upottery deserved Owen McCreadie-Taylor found the back of the net to level things up at 2-2.
Upottery went in search of a winner, but no further goals were forthcoming and so honours ended even.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
The Upottery Man of the Match honours were shared between debut playing Cody Tratt-Skinner and Jamie Westwood, the latter outstanding in his defensive duties.