Trevett lands a cracking common smoothhound off Minehead
- Credit: Archant
After a gruelling cold spell Honiton Sea Angling Club members have at last been able to get out and do some fishing, writes Mike Spiller.
On a recent midweek trip out from Beer on the boat the ‘Blue Lady’ skippered by Cyril Newton, club member Bill Cassar had a good day catching plenty of nice pollack and also ended up with a nice Bass and a Cod of 11lb.
Last weekend saw two boats booked at Minehead, these were the Edwin John and the Mary Ellan both owned by Dave James.
The weather was kind and the sea was flat and for once the fishing was good.
All through the day the boats caught thornback ray, bull huss, blonde ray, conger, doggies and smoothounds.
You may also want to watch:
The best fish on each boat were Scott Rice with a starry Smoothound just under 12lb and on the other boat Barry Trevett had a nice common smoothound of nearly 11lb.
Check out the new club website for more catches on www.honitonsac.co.uk.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020