Two for Dowling as Fention bank three more points with four goal show.
Feniton were comfortable 4-0 winners at home to Beacon Knights.
The win, their seventh in nine outings, was achieved with two goals in either half. Paul Dowling got things up and running in the 20th minute and Charlie Selley doubled the advantage before the break.
A second for Dowling and one from substitute Dan Lewis completed the scoring in the second half.
Boss Mark Kingdon said: “We were always in control and but for an inspired performance by their keeper who rightly earned the Man of the Match award, we’d have bagged a few more goals. I am very satisfied with the overall performance, scoring four times and keeping a clean sheet are the plusses but it’s the general control of our play which is most pleasing.”
The Blues stay fourth in the Fresha League Division One table, sitting four points shy of leaders Phoenix Club who have played a game more.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday the Blues make the short trip to Tipton St John who sit immediately below them in the table.
Kingdon will have both Alex Frankpitt and Andy Hawkins available after then pair missed the Beacon Knights win and says: “Tipton will be a test for us as they have similar ambitions to our own. We are in a good place at Feniton right now and there’s confidence throughout the camp. I am expecting to take that to Tipton with us.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West